Introduction to Pharmacy
This course covers the historical development of pharmacy and healthcare, as well as the organizational structure and function of a hospital pharmacy. It examines the evolution of the pharmacy profession, and how professional guidelines and regulations have developed. This course covers and role and characteristics of a pharmacy technician, as well as the requirements for certification.
Course Learning Objectives
- Define the pharmacy and the role of the pharmacy in the healthcare system.
- List key historical developments in pharmacy and healthcare.
- Describe the organizational structure and function of the hospital.
- Define home health care and long term care.
- Discuss the educational requirements and competencies of both pharmacists and pharmacy technician.
- Describe the characteristics of a good pharmacy technician.
- Explain the behavior of a professional pharmacy technician.
- Describe the ambulatory pharmacy practice setting
- Describe the main types of retain pharmacies.
- Illustrate the typical work environment of a retain pharmacy.
- Discuss the importance of confidentiality for personal health information.